- Elder Law
- Estate and Trust Planning
- Trust Administration
- Trust and Estate Dispute Resolution
- Vulnerable Adult Proceedings
Ms. Durkin was admitted to practice in the State of Washington in 2014. She earned her Juris Doctor Cum Laude from Seattle University School of Law in 2014 and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Anthropology from the University of Washington in 2010.
As an associate with the Brothers & Henderson, P.S., Ms. Durkin’s practice focuses on elder law, guardianship, estate and trust planning, trust administration, trust and estate dispute resolution and vulnerable adult proceedings, including contested proceedings. Ms. Durkin is a member of the Washington State Bar Association’s Elder Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust, and Tax Law Sections. Additionally, she is a member of the King County Bar Association’s Guardianship and Elder law and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Sections. Ms. Durkin also serves on the Board for the Wallingford Community Senior Center.
Ms. Durkin has worked with the Brothers & Henderson, P.S. since 2010, as a legal assistant and, during law school, as a Rule 9 Intern. As a staff member, Ms. Durkin was able to learn about and gain experience with the vast areas of law encompassed by Disability and Elder Law. While at Seattle University School of Law, Ms. Durkin focused her learning on disability and elder law, estate planning and tax law. Ms. Durkin also interned with a long-standing personal injury firm in Puyallup, WA, where she gained experience in litigation.
While not at work, Ms. Durkin enjoys spending her time with her husband, Brian, and her dog Captain. They spend their weekends skiing in the winter and boating in the San Juan Islands during the summer.
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Juris Doctor - 2014
- University of Washington
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2010
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Anthropology
- Washington, 2014
- Washington State Bar Association’s Elder Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust, and Tax Law Sections, Member
- King County Bar Association’s Guardianship and Elder law and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Sections, Member
- Board for the Wallingford Community Senior Center
Current Employment Position