- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Benefits advocacy (Medicaid, VA Aid and Attendance Pension, DDA, SSI, SSDI, and related benefits)
Katie L. Marrs’s practice focuses on disability and elder law, including benefits advocacy and long term care planning, guardianship, estate planning, and probate. She was admitted to practice in the State of Washington in 2017.
Katie received her Juris Doctor from University of Washington School of Law in 2017 and graduated from University of Washington with a Bachelor of Arts Degree, double-majoring in English and Law Societies & Justice in 2014, During Law school, Katie focused on elder and disability law. She was the Peter Greenfield Senior Advocacy Intern at Columbia Legal Services, a non-profit legal services organization in Seattle, WA in 2015, and then in her second and third years of law school interned as a Rule 9 intern at Davies Pearson and then Northwest Elder Law Group. After passing the bar and being admitted to practice law in the State of Washington in 2017, Katie started her practice of Elder Law at Northwest Elder Law Group, PLLC, and then became an associate of Brothers & Henderson, P.S. in April of 2021. Katie was named as a Rising Star by Washington Law & Politics for 2023.
While not at work, Katie enjoys spending her time with her husband, son, and two cats.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2017
- University of Washington, Washington
- B.A. - 2014
- Major: English
- Major: Law, Societies & Justice
- Washington, 2017
- Washington State Bar Association, 2017
- Washington State Bar Association’s Elder Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections
- King County Bar Association’s Guardianship and Elder Law and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Sections
Current Employment Position
- Washington State Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, former volunteer
- Selected as Washington Rising Stars 2022
- Selected to Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023