Brothers & Henderson, P.S. is an established yet growing boutique firm that focuses on representation of individuals, families, and professionals in the areas of disability law, elder law, guardianship, estate planning, trust & estate administration, and related disputes. We offer a team of exceptional people who are passionate about the clients we serve.
- Securely maintaining all paper and electronic documents including filing of pleadings, letters, and other correspondence in the appropriate client files
- Handling print jobs and mailings for paralegals and attorneys working at home
- Scanning, printing, photocopying documents
- Saving emails and electronic documents to client files for attorneys and paralegals
- Opening and closing electronic client files, as directed by the attorneys and firm administrator
- Retrieving and depositing client files from offsite storage as directed and maintaining electronic storage logs for offsite storage
- Handling file transfers to/from other firms
- Ordering & stocking office supplies
- Cleaning & stocking kitchen
- Acting as back-up for the receptionist and legal assistant as needed
- Handling special projects as needed
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and written
- Flexibility / adaptability and the ability to work productively in a periodically stressful environment
- Ability to multi-task and process high volume of work
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to problem solve with creativity
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Familiarity with legal terms and a basic understanding of various office forms and legal documents
- Proficient with Windows and MS Office products, multi-line telephone and other office equipment such as copier, scanner, fax machine
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours per day. May be subject to some lifting, bending, reaching, and stooping
Preferred Education & Experience
- Previous administrative experience in an office, law firm or legal department
- High School education required, BA degree highly desirable
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The specific hours worked are somewhat flexible, Monday-Friday within the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We are a hybrid workplace and require all employees to work at least 3 days in the office. However, due to the nature of this position we require that this person work in the office full-time. However, we can offer some occasional flexibility to work from home as needed.
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Free parking
- Dogs (who are well behaved) are allowed at office
If we sound like a firm in which you would be excited to join, please send your Resume to [email protected].
Brothers & Henderson, P.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please send us an email or letter.