Disability, Elder Law & Estate Planning Attorney
Brothers & Henderson, P.S. is an established yet growing boutique firm that focuses on representation of individuals, families, and professionals in the areas of disability law, elder law, guardianship, estate planning, trust & estate administration, and related disputes. We offer a team of exceptional people who are passionate about the clients we serve.
We are currently looking to add an energetic, like-minded associate attorney to our team. The person will be responsible for guiding individuals, persons with disabilities, trustees (professional and independent), families (traditional and non-traditional), and other professionals through the maze of guardianships, trusts, estate planning, benefit advocacy, probate, and related issues.
The core competencies of the ideal candidate are:
- Superior communication skills via telephone, email, and in-person
- Ability to think critically and proactively and remain effective under pressure
- A collaborative team player as well as a self-motivated independent agent
- Maintain high degree of professionalism and confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Highly organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Skilled at multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a keen sense of urgency
- Pleasant demeanor and outgoing personality with a client service focus
- Comfortable and proficient with technology: MS Office Suite and time and document management software
Over five (5) years of practice experience as a licensed attorney is preferred. Must be admitted to practice in Washington State. Relevant areas of practice in estate planning, guardianships, trusts, and probate preferred. Special education, public benefits, and/or litigation experience is a plus.
We are offering a full-time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). We are an easygoing office, where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and truly enjoys their work. A positive work/life balance is important to us.
If we sound like a firm in which you would be excited to join, please send your CV/Resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample to via email at [email protected].
Brothers & Henderson, P.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please send us an email or letter.